Monday, September 29, 2008

This and that...

So, the pic below is from a hayride we went on for Aubrey's cousin Ike's 3rd bday. They had a good time and loved the flashlights Ike for them to keep. Of course, they did want to run around while we moving down the road, but not too bad. All in all they were really good and had a good time playing together...but Aubrey should have worn her overalls...we didn't even think about it!

I have posted some more pics from her bday party I have been meaning to put on here. She could have cared less about the presents or anything going on unless it had to do with running around and playing.







This is actually Emma's Dora 4 wheeler, but it is just like what Aubrey got for her bday from me and Brent. She loves it, but has gradually pulled all the stickers off of it just about so now it just looks like a red 4 wheeler.



Not much going on. I have been slacking on taking pics here lately. I need to get a pic of the nice art she drew on the door and wall in the den :) Not too bad, but you can see it on white paint with a blue crayon.

We went to her 2 yr. checkup last week and she is a little small for her age, but he wasn't too worried b/c she seemed to be developing just fine and basically chattered the whole time we were in there. When the doc asked me could she put 3 words together, I thought, if only...she talks constantly and you can clearly tell what she is saying....which we are thankful for. She did get a shot and afterwards while I was putting her clothes back on all she could say was " I want to go home" over and over...too funny...but not really for her.

She has become very sassy, but I guess that is just part of being 2 and a girl. Sometimes it is funny, and sometimes it gets her in trouble.

Since her nana and grandaddy got her a TV for her room, she loves playing in her room now and is very easy to lay down at night and easy to go back to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night. (Also, I like it b/c since she likes to spend more time in her room she doesn't make such a mess all over the whole house and I was able to move some toys from the den up to her room.) She has been able to go up the steps for a long time, but now she has mastered going down them, which helps me out a lot since I don't have to lift her as much during my pregnancy. She seems to be very independent.

We will be going to the doc. this Wednesday for my 20 week checkup and then on Thursday to find out if this lima bean inside me is a boy or girl. I have had a couple of dreams about what I am having and both dreams were the same each time, but I am not going to go by that. Boy or girl we are thankful and healthy is all we care about.

We are working on the potty, sitting on it and taking our own pants off and diaper, but haven't had any action yet. She has a nice potty chart and gets stickers when she does anything with the potty, so all we can do is just become familiar with it and I don't have to force her, she usually wants to go but just doesn't do anything when she sits on it. But maybe we can master it soon :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING BABY UPDATE :)